Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Auto chlorine feeder or a floater for low chlorine levels?

1. Back To Top    #1

Auto chlorine feeder or a floater for low chlorine levels?

We are installing a Delta UV system in our pool, and I understand that this should help reduce the amount of chlorine needed over a "traditional" pool. If only a small amount (what ever that amount is!) of chlorine is need in the pool, what would be the better way to add it? The builder is installing a Hayward CL-220, and I understand many people feel this is not the best choice, but I figure I will let him install it, and then I can decide later to use it or not. Would this be the best solution, or would another way, like a floater style work better?
    10K gal IG, vinyl, 1 HP Jandy Stealth pump, Jandy CS cartridge filter, Delta UV system, Hasa Liquidator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Auto chlorine feeder or a floater for low chlorine levels?

Floaters add chlorine at a pretty slow rate. Go with the chlorinator, or better yet, forget the UV and the chlorinator and use a salt water chlorine generator.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    Floaters add chlorine at a pretty slow rate. Go with the chlorinator, or better yet, forget the UV and the chlorinator and use a salt water chlorine generator.
    Went though that debate before we started the project, and decided there is no "ideal" solution. Didn't like the problems some people experience with SWG (the stones deteriorating around the pools edge, or heaters rusting out when not grounded properly, etc.). UV is not perfect either, but it's UV we decided on, so still lots of reading to do regarding pool chemistry!
    10K gal IG, vinyl, 1 HP Jandy Stealth pump, Jandy CS cartridge filter, Delta UV system, Hasa Liquidator

4. Back To Top    #4

chlorinator over floater.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by frustratedpoolmom
    chlorinator over floater.
    OK, thanks, much appreciated...