Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaning pool tiles

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleaning pool tiles

My neighbor is a little old man and has a history of being "ripped off" where his pool is concerned. He was given an $800 estimate to clean his pool tiles, so he wants to do it himself. What is the TFP way to clean pool tiles? He has a small, fiberglass over gunite pool. In the last year he has been talked into: a new filter, pool pump, aux. pump, 2 pool cleaners (the first one did not work), all copper pipe replacement, drain pool to get rid of "heavy metals" (after purchasing $200 of chemicals that made the problem worse). I won't say the name of the pool store that is taking advantage of him. He is not assertive and easily intimidated. I would like to help him as he doesn't have a computer. Couldn't find anything in the Pool School. Help!

The info in my signature is about my pool, not his.
    30,000gal. IG pool - applied fiberglass over gunite when pool was remodeled, cartridge filter, 1HP pump, 100 gal/min flow rate

2. Back To Top    #2

Cupertino, CA

Re: Cleaning pool tiles

The last reply in this topic mentions pool tile soap, from the pool store.

I haven't ever used it. So far (coming up on 1 year) my tile hasn't been dirty enough to need soap, just a sponge and elbow grease.
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page