Newly converted BBBer

Aug 18, 2009
NW Ohio
Hello All,
I am a newly converted BBBer !!!!! :whoot: I actually enjoy checking my water now. It was always a mystery as to what chemical I needed to add when I had an issue. I am no longer at the pool stores mercy !!!!!! My water is clear and I should be on easy street for a while, I hope. I got my TF100 on Saturday 8/22 and shocked my pool on Sunday 8/23 evening. I still have a CC reading of .5 though. I raised the FC reading to 24 (a little high) @ 8pm. At 7 am 8/24 FC was 21, at noon 8/24 FC was 15. Today FC is 8. I am going to try to hold FC around 6 at all times. Am I going to have an ongoing algae risk since my CC is .5 instead of 0? Did I need to hold FC at 20 longer to get rid of all CC ? Just asking and Thank You for releasing me from the dreaded POOL STORE !!! Here are my #'s today

FC 8
CC.5
TC 8.5
PH 7.2
TA 140
CH 260
CYA 50

CC's of .5ppm is as good as zero. No problems.

FC of 6 is a very nice target....never lower than 3ppm

You have a troublefreepool.....very nice work! :lol: :lol:

(Thanks for your business)

jbrenne4 said:
HI raised the FC reading to 24 (a little high) @ 8pm. At 7 am 8/24 FC was 21, at noon 8/24 FC was 15.

I'm newly converted and ran into this myself, so don't take my word alone on this, but I noticed that you dropped 3ppm overnight. You may need to continue shocking. How long after you added the bleach did you test on 8/24? I normally wait an hour, but some say 30 minutes should be fine.

I probably waited a 1/2 hour or so before I took a reading. I can do another overnight drop test just to see what it does. I know there was a small bit of algae underneath of my ladder steps after I got to shock level. So I pulled the ladder out and scrubbed it down. Then I scrubbed around the seam in the liner as there was a little hiding there also. It is clearer now than it has been for a month or so............

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.