Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newly converted BBBer

1. Back To Top    #1

Newly converted BBBer

Hello All,
    I am a newly converted BBBer !!!!! I actually enjoy checking my water now. It was always a mystery as to what chemical I needed to add when I had an issue. I am no longer at the pool stores mercy !!!!!! My water is clear and I should be on easy street for a while, I hope. I got my TF100 on Saturday 8/22 and shocked my pool on Sunday 8/23 evening. I still have a CC reading of .5 though. I raised the FC reading to 24 (a little high) @ 8pm. At 7 am 8/24 FC was 21, at noon 8/24 FC was 15. Today FC is 8. I am going to try to hold FC around 6 at all times. Am I going to have an ongoing algae risk since my CC is .5 instead of 0? Did I need to hold FC at 20 longer to get rid of all CC ? Just asking and Thank You for releasing me from the dreaded POOL STORE !!! Here are my #'s today

FC 8
    CC.5
    TC 8.5
    PH 7.2
    TA 140
    CH 260
    CYA 50
    Joe

13,500 gal. 24' AG vinyl with bottom drain, Hayward S180T sand filter , 1 hp Power-Flo lx pump
    TF-100 test kit, well water, 4x20 solar panel.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Newly converted BBBer

CC's of .5ppm is as good as zero. No problems.

FC of 6 is a very nice target....never lower than 3ppm

You have a troublefreepool.....very nice work!

(Thanks for your business)
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP

Be careful in your BBB endeavor...you might develop a condition us converts like to call sparklypoolitis
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jbrenne4
    HI raised the FC reading to 24 (a little high) @ 8pm. At 7 am 8/24 FC was 21, at noon 8/24 FC was 15.
    I'm newly converted and ran into this myself, so don't take my word alone on this, but I noticed that you dropped 3ppm overnight. You may need to continue shocking. How long after you added the bleach did you test on 8/24? I normally wait an hour, but some say 30 minutes should be fine.
    24'x4' AGP Round
    S166T Hayward Sand Filter
    S48K2A2 Hayward Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

I probably waited a 1/2 hour or so before I took a reading. I can do another overnight drop test just to see what it does. I know there was a small bit of algae underneath of my ladder steps after I got to shock level. So I pulled the ladder out and scrubbed it down. Then I scrubbed around the seam in the liner as there was a little hiding there also. It is clearer now than it has been for a month or so............
    Joe

13,500 gal. 24' AG vinyl with bottom drain, Hayward S180T sand filter , 1 hp Power-Flo lx pump
    TF-100 test kit, well water, 4x20 solar panel.