dead mouse in skimmer, shock pool for how long?

Yeah, your test results will probably not indicate the need to shock at all.

That said, it's always safe to bring your FC up to shock level one time just to get some extra sanitizing in your pool.

I don't shock my pool to compensate for dead critters. If I did we'd nearly always be swimming at shock levels.

In early spring it's the flying ants, billions of them in the skimmer sock and PoolSkim net. They're followed by several pounds of Japanese beetles which are soon displaced by large grasshoppers. Right now it's cicadas and boy howdy! are they ugly!

I run my chlorine levels at the upper suggested end for the CYA during the height of critter season. The only time I've ever shocked the pool was when my old dog had a poop accident in the water but even that was probably not entirely necessary given the waste products left behind by small (and not so small) children (and probably some adults) in pools. A dead mouse in the skimmer is probably one of our lesser problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.