Pool Rover Jr Wheels Fall Off

Jul 12, 2009
Rhode Island
anyone one else having or have a problem with the wheels on their Pool Rover Jr. above ground cleaner falling off?

The circular metal "spike" clips that are supposed to lock into the end of the wheel axle to keep the wheels from falling off simply don't lock in and stay on for me. The wheels continually fall off while the pool rover is cleaning.

At the moment I've rigged it up a bit with some duct tape to keep them on, but I definitely am in need of a better solution.

CP...I would contact the manufacturer...this should be cover under warranty if it's still relatively new. I know exactly the part your talking about, but we haven;t had any issues with our over the past few months, since we've owned it.

dmanb2b said:
CP...I would contact the manufacturer...this should be cover under warranty if it's still relatively new. I know exactly the part your talking about, but we haven;t had any issues with our over the past few months, since we've owned it.

I would, but I think its probably 2 or 3 years old by now. I bought it very slightly used off of craigslist at the beginning of the summer and the previous owner said they had purchased it new 2 seasons before that.

Only one of the wheel clips actually locks into the axle, the rest simply slide back and forth no matter how tight I try to compress them or bend the tines.

Have you resolved this yet?
I have had the same experience with my Pool Rover Jr. I went to Home Depot and bought some new clips for holding the wheels on. I bought a couple of different kinds. I will be trying it out probably on Friday, I will let you know how it works out.

no, I haven't gotten a *good* resolution yet.

For the moment, I have just used a combination of duct tape and rubber bands to keep the wheels on. It is actually working pretty well, so I was holding off on a more permanent solution to see if someone else had a better idea here first.

well, I put the wheels on with new clips and they stayed on longer but still eventually fell off. If you look at the new pool rover Jr's, they are held on with a different type of clip. It must be a known issue (they even sent extra retainers in the box when I bought it) . I sent an email to the company about it but have not received a reply yet. Mine is still under warranty, they should do something about it. I will keep you posted.

Okay, I fixed mine. I went to Lowe's and bought a piece of 1/4 inch threaded dowel that was longer than the axle. I double nutted one end and pushed it through the hollow axle. I marked the lenth so that two nuts would fit on the other side of the axle. I then cut it too this length. I put the dowel through the axle with the wheels in place and using the original teflon washers but adding a flat washer between the nuts and the axle, I double nutted it in place . hope this helps.

IMG_6179.jpg

IMG_6178.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.