my way of taking down an intex helpfull tip

Jul 9, 2009
Iowa
Well end of season took pool down. Came up with this idea last year but used miss match items. This year made some real supports. Boards cut to 44 inches and carpet stapled to the top to protect the ring. You can get in fine by way of the ladder but just don't lean on it. As you can see it works last pictures me inside pool removing water.

0822091256a.jpg

0822091257a.jpg

0822091257b.jpg

0822092014a.jpg

0822092014b.jpg

Re: my way of taking down an intex

Cleaver idea! :goodjob: We used a small Intex for two seasons and the draining (putting pool in storage) was always a pain. Your idea is dead-on (as long as the wood is well protected from the vinyl…as you have done) and will allow you to empty and dry the pool.

Travis :-D

Wow, cool idea! You can really let the pool dry out good, and give it a good cleaning too.

Two questions:

How many struts are you using? And did you siphon all the water or only the last 4" or so that the drains wont get.

I'm going to do this when I take mine down later this year.

Thanks for sharing a great idea.

Jim

Well I used 8 but two more won't hurt anything so 8 to 10. I used a utility pump to drain the pool and then brought the hose in and sucked the rest out I could. I think I will get a submersisible utility pump I think that will work better than what I used this year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.