Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: my way of taking down an intex helpfull tip

my way of taking down an intex helpfull tip

Well end of season took pool down. Came up with this idea last year but used miss match items. This year made some real supports. Boards cut to 44 inches and carpet stapled to the top to protect the ring. You can get in fine by way of the ladder but just don't lean on it. As you can see it works last pictures me inside pool removing water.

1988 Ceder Ridge
    24' Doughboy AGP

Re: my way of taking down an intex

Cleaver idea! We used a small Intex for two seasons and the draining (putting pool in storage) was always a pain. Your idea is dead-on (as long as the wood is well protected from the vinyl…as you have done) and will allow you to empty and dry the pool.

Travis
    Travis & Kathy
    16x32 AGP (extra return outlet installed), Pentair Dynamo Pump (1.5HP, 60+ GPM), Sta-Rite Crystal Flow Sand Filter (300 lb), Clear Diamond Solar Blanket & Reel, Pool-Skim
    Aqua Trol SWG (also controlling the pump), TF Test Kit. (Everything self installed, up and running on 08/02/09)
    Enjoying the TFP site and appreciating the infinite knowledge of it's members... and I'm slowly learning how to maintain our new pool the BBB way!
    Four Winds Spa (love the tub...hate the filtration system). Best water quality in four years using the BBB method

Wow, cool idea! You can really let the pool dry out good, and give it a good cleaning too.

Two questions:

How many struts are you using? And did you siphon all the water or only the last 4" or so that the drains wont get.

I'm going to do this when I take mine down later this year.

Thanks for sharing a great idea.

Jim
    18'x 52" Intex Ultra Frame AG pool
    7100 gallons
    1600 Intex sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    BBB method for four seasons
    Former 18' Easy Set owner

Well I used 8 but two more won't hurt anything so 8 to 10. I used a utility pump to drain the pool and then brought the hose in and sucked the rest out I could. I think I will get a submersisible utility pump I think that will work better than what I used this year.
    1988 Ceder Ridge
    24' Doughboy AGP

Thanks! I'll be cutting wood all too soon.
    18'x 52" Intex Ultra Frame AG pool
    7100 gallons
    1600 Intex sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    BBB method for four seasons
    Former 18' Easy Set owner