How much do I put in my pool and is it ok to..

CYA, stabalizer, cyanuric acid, whatever you want to call it, protects your chlorine from sunlight. Without any CYA you would lose 50% of your chlorine every half hour. CYA between 30 and 50 reduces that to losing about 50% a day.

I had to drain my pool half down to patch holes there was a slight storm here, alot of stuff blew in the pool i dont have a vac yet so I used my water hose to suck it out I filled it back up put bleach in it and sticking to the bleach this time I added a gallon of bleach

I justed tested it

h 250
c 3
fc 10
b 20
ph 7.2
a 120
s between 50 and 100

Typically test results are labeled with two or three letter codes. Do you know the two or three leter codes for each of your numbers? Or if not that the full name? I can guess at some of the one letter codes you listed, but I can't be sure.

Your PH is a little low, nothing to worry about but it might be a good time to bring it up a little. Aeration would be a good way to bring your PH up, or borax if you want.

Your chlroine readings seems inconsistant. If chlorine means total chlorine, total chlorine can't be 3 at the same time that free chlorine is 10, it is impossible. If chlorine means combined chlorine then 3 is a very high level of combined chlorine that is suggestive of a major algae outbreak and you need to keep shocking. Hard to tell without more information. Before your chlorine and free chlorine readings were always the same, which suggests that chlorine is total chlorine.

Other than that your numbers look reasonable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.