Need advice, need answers, and need to explain correctly so.

Apr 27, 2009
Hi, I went to the beach for a quick getaway, left the pump on parents were home thought all would be ok. Dad called said pump/motor wasn't working, and I dont think he knew for how long. When I got back the flex pipe from the pump to the filter had blew off causing the motor to be dry. I reinstalled pipe and turned back on the pump/motor seems to work but the longer its on it gets real real loud. Is this the bearings, please tell me I dont have to replace the motor I did so last year. Any and all questions and advice are welcomed.

Running a pump dry is real bad for the wet end (pumping part). It could be a motor bearing, in which case if you're handy you can change it yourself. It also could be that the pump got hot and parts got melted. You can tear the pump casing apart and look to see if that happened. You're going to have to take it apart anyway to change the bearing so I'd inspect everything and go ahead and replace the seal while you're at it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.