Starting my conversion...8/21/2009

Mine took over night to dissolve (CYA)... As far as testing for it, it takes about a week before it shows up so don't waste your CYA testing agent untill NEXT Wednesday... You probably need to bump your FC back up to Shock tonight to recheck the FC loss AND to help reduce the CC to zero...

By the way... Pool looks AWESOME!!! Congrats!!!

Mike

HI,

Just wanted to report that my pool is CRYSTAL CLEAR......I just realized that was the name of the pool store I "used to go to"...lol..and my pool was never crystal clear!!!

My ph is a little low so I'm aerating to see how it does.

8 am
FC 13
cc .5 maybe less
TA 70
ph 7

MY cc has held at .5 or less (but not zero) for 2 nights. I will shock up to 15 again tonight and start letting it drop..is that right? Put in CYA to 40..will test next wednesday. So my FC should go to about 5. I may raise my CYA to 50 next week.

If I am missing anything please let me know.

Thanks, Deb

Deb,

Raise your pH with 20 mule team borax

Disregard .5ppm CC's.....that's as good as zero.

I'm not sure why you are continuing to shock. Have you done an overnight FC loss test? If not, I would do so tonight. Make sure you know how to do it by reading up in Pool School or posting back here for advice.

Very nice work!! You might be done but you need to do the FC loss test tonight to make sure. :lol:

Dave,

I have done the over night loss test and it was good. I don't know why I'm continuing to shock either.lol.....so it doesn't matter that my FC dropped 2 ppm the night after I did the loss test?

ok..I will add borax
Deb

Added borax

7:45pm
FC 8
ph 7.8..I added what the cal said..is this too high?
cc .5
TA 80

Debstar60 said:
CYA test
CYA 30....I put in enough to raise to 40 but it didn't.Will add more today. Any reason why it didn't raise to 40?
The CYA test is +/- 10. Plus, it can be a little difficult getting a handle on reading the CYA test.
Have you seen the photos of the test? http://www.taylortechnologies.com/Chemi ... ntentID=44

Also check the ingredients on your CYA jug for the strength (% cyanuric acid).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.