mmarty4's conversion

Aug 18, 2009
split from "Just started my conversion" by TMQ

I started my conv. yesterday, Baq reading was very low. I have a 27' 52" rounf G vinyl. I put in 3 182oz. Bleach yesterday, 4 182 oz bleach today, I am testing low chlorine 1.0 on my tester, also added 1 bag of Aqua shock that was left over. At this point I have a very bleach smelling backyard and a milky colored pool.(no weird colors happened) Plaese let me know if how I need to move forward.

Thx.
mmarty
Birmingham Alabama

Re: Just started my conversion

Stay diligent I was scared when I started. What kind of chlorine are you using, I used the 10% pool sanitizer, I was checking hourly. The Baqujunk eats up the chlorine very quickly. I would literally putting the amount of bleach in hourly the pool calculator said to put in and my strips would measure 0. So I would stay with it, I had perfect Baquacil levels when i started. I shocked with the chlorine free shock and the magicall colors began. I went from coffee with cream colored water to black coffee water, to watered down coffee colored, to a cloudy aqua to blue to crystal clear in five days. While i was at work i would call the kids at home and have them check the levels and have my 17 year old son add the appropriate amount of bleach, vacuum, backwash. He was a great help as well as my wife. They were troopers and now they are rewarded, my pool is clearer more now than it ever was with Baqu. I went through 32 gallons of the 10% chlorine over 4 days.

Re: Just started my conversion

Marty..I don't know if you want to say,but I was wondering where you live.I'm in the outer limits of Bham toward Gardendale. I'm going to start my conversion as soon as my test kit comes in.

Debbie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.