Are R-0871 and "FAS-DPD Titrating Reagent" the same?

jugger2500

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2008
South Eastern PA
I would like to know if the R-0871 that comes in the TF test kit and the "FAS-DPD Titrating Reagent" that can be purchased from leslie's (link: http://www.lesliespool.com/browse/Home/ ... 30/I/81348) is the same?

When I called Leslie's they seemed confused about what I was asking and then indicated they didn't carry it, but I am thinking that this is what I am looking for.

Thanks,
-Brock

why not just ask them what the code is that's missing on their picture R-???

The TF100 uses Taylor reagents so the code should be the same. Just curious, why not order from Dave at tftestkits.net...about the same price plus you get 1oz vs .75 oz

Normally I would order from TF test kits, have in the past.. but didn't realize I was running low when I ran out... and I would like to test before a picnic this weekend. I am afraid if I order from tf test kits that it wont get here in time, and I have a leslies about two blocks from work.

Trust me, if I had the time to wait for it to arrive, I would much rather give Dave my money than leslies. In fact I will be placing an order with him shortly for other reagents soon, but just need the 871 quicker than that.

If you actually go to the store and see the reagent before you buy it, it will say R-0871 on it. Not very many of the Leslie's stores actually stock this reagent and quite a few of the sales people will insist that some other reagent is the correct one, when it isn't. Since they are Taylor reagents, look for the Taylor R-0871 label.

One unhappy day I ran out of R-0871 and I grabbed my retired DPD reagent instead of my reserve R-0871 when I didn't have my glasses on. (Both have those opaque reddish Taylor drop bottles--I didn't know the other stuff was still around.) It took three days to figure out my mistake. If used with FAS-DPD it has no effect. A pink sample will stay pink no matter how many drops you throw at it. A clear (FC=0) sample will stay clear. This happens when you stop adding chlorine while you try to figure out why your FC is infinite. Your FC drops to zero and then sample is clear. Your pool will also have algae. Just don't go there, please.

Edit: However, the stuff in the link is R-0871 and says so as Jason says. My story is about what will happen if the store gives you the other stuff(Regular DPD)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.