Please check my plumbing diagram.

lborne

Jun 29, 2009
Vero Beach, FL
Here is what I think is a good schematic for my pool. The PB will be plumbing the equipment next week.

Do you see any problems or changes that would improve it?

[attachment=0:4g9zahxk]Pool Plumb.gif[/attachment:4g9zahxk]

Attachments

• Pool Plumb.gif
    Pool Plumb.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 435
The only change I would make would be to separate the main drains from the spa and pool. If you use a controller, it would have to set 3 vales to change from pool to spa (A,C & F). If you only have the spa on the left side of valve C, then you would only need to change two valves (C & F). The pool main drain can then be set up as you did for the skimmer. All pool stuff should be on the right side of C and spa on the left side of C much like valve F setup.

It looks workable but if it were me, I'd change/move a couple of valves to make it more versatile.

1) I'd change valve "A" to a block valve and move it to the spa drain.
2) I'd change valve "C" to a block valve and move it to the pool drain.
3) I'd change valve "F" to a block valve and move it to the spa jets.
4) I'd add a block valve "G" to the pool return.

That way you could pull water from one or any combination of suctions and return water to either or both returns.

You'll just have to be sure not to close all the valves on either the suction or return at the same time. You can already do that on the suction piping like you show it now.

Bama Rambler said:
It looks workable but if it were me, I'd change/move a couple of valves to make it more versatile.

1) I'd change valve "A" to a block valve and move it to the spa drain.
2) I'd change valve "C" to a block valve and move it to the pool drain.
3) I'd change valve "F" to a block valve and move it to the spa jets.
4) I'd add a block valve "G" to the pool return.

That way you could pull water from one or any combination of suctions and return water to either or both returns.

You'll just have to be sure not to close all the valves on either the suction or return at the same time. You can already do that on the suction piping like you show it now.

That would work ok without automation but with automation, it is easier and requires less relays to have only one valve each on both the suction and return lines to switch between spa and pool.

[EDIT] Thinking about this some more and unless I missed something, Bama's method would require 6 valve changes to go from pool to spa or back? I'm not sure why you would want to do that. Valves C and F are necessary to make a change over easy. However, you need to isolate the spa and pool side on either side of the 3-ways.

I assume you are planning on a variable speed or at least 2 speed pump to run pool circulation and spa jets?

Otherwise you may want to change what is on the diagram to read SPA RETURNS (instead of jets) and put the jets on a separate system/pump.

Just FYI: My Goldline PS-8 will accomadate 2 different settings for the SWG for pool or spa mode.

Its nice to place a return over any shallow steps, sun tan ledges when possible to help blow debris off of them as some cleaners like my Polaris 280 cant get into shallow areas less than 18" deep very well.

Lee

Thanks for the tips. My pump is a Max Flo II single speed that delivers 50 gpm at 50 ft of head. The spa has only 4 Hayward Pulse-Flo Rotatable Nozzle jets which requires 10 gpm each. The pump is relatively close to the spa, the lines are 2", and the PB used minimal fittings. I think I'll get the force I want. If not, I can always upgrade to a 2 speed pump and the PB said he will give me credit on single speed pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.