help. Air coming from returns

Apr 12, 2009
I'm a new pool owner, bought a house with a 30k gal, vinyl IG pool this spring. I've been using the BBB method all summer with no problems. Well, now I have one.

Before I left for 5 days I brought the pool water up to shock level with bleach. I put some 3" pucks in the Hayward auto-chlorinator that I've never used before and set it to around 3.

When I returned the water level was a little low - which I expected as I've been having to add some water to the pool about 2x a week. Once I put some water back in the pool it was still blowing out air bubbles from the returns. I have 2 skimmers and a main drain. Water level is good in all of them, not sucking any air.

I opened the auto-chlorinator thing and screwed it back down tight thinking that might be the problem. I then turned it all the way down to off and 20 mins later I'm still getting bubbles from the return.

Any suggestions to help me figure out where the bubble are coming from? I'm still new to this pool ownership thing and am looking for some help, and hopefully to figure this out myself and not spend $$$$ to have someone come out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.