We built our salt water pool two years ago and are still learning all the ins and outs of pool maintenance. I finally had all of the basic chemicals ( CYA,PH,TA,FC) balanced when we decided to use a product called Jacks Magic to treat some stains on all the plastic parts in the pool. Most of the chemicals remained balanced after the use of this product with the exception of FC which we can not keep in the pool. We finally had our water tested at the local pool store and found out that the phosphate level was at 2500. Apparently when high levels of phosphates are in the water they kill the chlorine. I researched causes of high phosphates and found a great article that blames metal and stain removers as the cause. We used a very expensive phosphate remover which managed to lower the phosphates to 1000. We shocked the pool and turned up the salt generator to help boost output and get chlorine back on track. We turned our salt generator up to 95% and still only get a salt reading of 3000. Because it has been 100 degrees here for most of the summer I'm more comfortable with a salt reading of 3200-3400 but it won't go up any higher oh and our FC is at 3.1. What else should I be doing?