Does anyone have Vortex Solar Pool Heaters?

May 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
We need to replace our hail damaged solar panels and need 4' x 8'. Does anyone have Vortex Solar Pool Heaters? http://shop.solardirect.com/index.php?cPath=21_34_38_48

I can't tell for sure, but I don't think they are the standard nipple header assembly most others are and the header is 2" instead of 1.5". We currently have the style with the bypass on one end which makes the water travel up one side and done the other. These will be in one end and out the other so I'm hoping for more water flow thus more heating. The only other ones I can find are 1 x 8 that come in sets of 4 you plumb together. Maybe easier to replace if one starts leaking, but I'm hoping the Vortex are beefy and last longer.

Thanks.

I think they are the same panels as the ones from TechnoSolis (which I have). The instruction sheet that came with my panels had the word "Vortex" left in a few spots. I also have the larger 2 inch headers, although my pool plumbing is only 1.5 inches.

Instead of being a bunch of small pipes attached together like most panels, they are completely flat and have square channels in them.

I don't know if they are more efficient or more durable than other panels, but so far so good with mines (2 years only).

Here's my installation:

solar-panel-installation-pic-t5823.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.