Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stains from pine cone scales

1. Back To Top    #1

Stains from pine cone scales

Our pool has a blue colored plaster and the scales from pine cones are leaving a black stain. The squirrels have been out pacing the in-floor cleaning system. Scrubbing reduces the appearance, but I can't use a chlorine tab due to the plaster color. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Bobby
    10K gal, Colored Plaster, 2 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair Quad DE filter, Paramount in-floor cleaning system w/2HP Pentair Whisperflo pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Stains from pine cone sclaes

Elevate your normal chlorine level by a significant amount....say 30-50% and they will fade away.

It may take a few weeks and you have to keep that elevated level during that time but it works.

Scrubbing every time you swim acclerates the process.

Winchester makes some products specifically for squirrel training....I'm kidding!! I'm kidding!!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Stains from pine cone scales

Thanks...I will see what happens.
    10K gal, Colored Plaster, 2 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair Quad DE filter, Paramount in-floor cleaning system w/2HP Pentair Whisperflo pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Stains from pine cone scales

Just to give an update. I elevated chlorine levels a bit, but not much. I scrubbed occasionally and over time the stains lifted. I think the infloor cleaning jet action across the pool floor also helped. Thanks for the advice.