scaling & acid wash quesiton

ckf

Jun 30, 2009
Northbrook, Illinois
So, I was previously having trouble with chemicals. That is all fixed for the most part. The TA was high (180) for a while and it looks like we now have scaling at the bottom of our pool in the deep end. At least that is what the pool guy said when I had him come out to look at it. Also, from other questions and photos people have posted of scaling mine looks very similar. The pool guy recommended acid wash.

My question is what if I leave the scaling? If I make sure the TA and pH stay stable and the scaling doesn't get worse. Will it hurt the plaster to leave the scaling?

Is that terrible? It doesn't look so bad and I think I'm the only one who really even noticed it. I really really don't want to empty the pool to do acid wash. We just did that a few months ago to lower the CYA.

I know this is such a stupid question b/c anyone and everyone probably would not leave scaling - I suppose it's like leaving mold around your bathtub or something like that. I don't know.

Thanks,
Cissy

Leaving the scaling is fine. The main issues are that it doesn't always look very good and it can be rough on your feet (which probably doesn't matter on the bottom of the deep end). Occasionally the rough surface is slightly more attractive to algae as a place to grow, but that shouldn't be a problem if you maintain proper FC levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.