Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 360

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 360

Hello, just purchased a Polaris 360 and can't keep it from circling the pool. It rarely gets in the center of the pool. I have a 30' round above ground. I have tried everything, pressure, settings, etc. I have about 8 hours invested in adjusting and watching! Any body have any ideas on what I might be missing. If not what is the BEST! cleaner for my pool? Thanks
    IG 16'x32' 20,000 gal vinyl, Williams 1 HP pump, Hayward 325sq.ft cartridge filter, Blue Pearl Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Manitoba, Canada

Re: Polaris 360

Sorry can't comment on the Polaris 360 as I'm not familiar with that cleaner. However, I also have a 30' round above ground and this spring I purchased a Smart Pool Nitro Wall Climber robot pool cleaner. Absolutely love it! It definitely gets to the middle of the pool. I was a little worried if it was overkill for an above ground pool but have to say it was worth every penny. I throw it in almost every day for a 3 hour clean cycle and my pool stays very clean and has saved me countless hours of vacuuming. I love not having to hook up anything to my pool filter.
    30' round AGP - 54" vinyl - 80,000 liter (23,000 USG)
    Sta-Rite 150sqft Mod Media filter w/1.5hp Pump
    3 2x20 Sungrabber Solar panels

3. Back To Top    #3
    Cape Coral, FL

My Polaris 360 has several adjustment mechanisms. You need to adjust all one a time-trial and error. The first one is the jet in the back-it swivels. Default is the 10 position. Try moving it more to the center.

The float on the back moves in and out-try moving it out.

Third-try a different water pressure, mine runs great at 28psi out of the DE filter
    Don SW Florida
    10,000 gal in ground concrete pool
    Pentair Cartridge filter, Pentair SWG, Pentair Intelliflow VS pump (11018)
    FAFCO solar panels w/Pentair SolarTouch controller
    using BBB for pool chemistry/Lamotte ColorQ tester for daily testing

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Savannah Historic District

All of the above, PLUS, make sure you cut the feed hose properly. Too much hose can cause circling. Also check the wheel RPM to make sure you are getting 28-30RPM. Does yours not have a backup valve?

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"