Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Landscape irrigation

1. Back To Top    #1

Landscape irrigation

Okay. I am tired of thunderstorms and having to drain water off my pool. I drain it into vacant farmland behind me but was wondering if I can use it to water landscape plants or my bermuda grass? I keep the water as follows:

Ph 7.5 - 7.6
    Fc 3-6
    Cya 60-80
    Ta 90ish
    Salt 3000

I don't want to kill anything but hate the waste. Any opinions?

Donnie
    8500 Gallon Fiberglass IG / Sta-Rite pump,cartridge filter & heater / PoolPilot Dig 220-36 SWG / Testing w/K2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Landscape irrigation

Pool water is fine for all but the most delicate plants. There are a few that can't handle it, but if you have one of those, you probably already know it.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. I'll do some testing. We have a bunch of sedum that might be sensitive. All I really worry about is the salt.

Donnie
    8500 Gallon Fiberglass IG / Sta-Rite pump,cartridge filter & heater / PoolPilot Dig 220-36 SWG / Testing w/K2006

4. Back To Top    #4

I went out and bought a longer discharge hose so I could reach all of my back yard for watering purposes. Never had a problem.
    18,000 gal, 18x32 IGP, vinyl liner, 3 to 5.5ft depth. One inlet/skimmer (Aqua Genie), one main drain. Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter w/filtration rate of 20 GPM/FT, Two-Speed Pentair Whisperflo 1 HP pump, Natural Gas Hayward H200 pool heater, Aquabot T2 (200 Series) Robotic Pool Cleaner (my best friend), Automatic Electric Pool Cover (2nd best friend).