Been a while since I have posted. I have not been keeping up with the maintenanace of my pool and it caught up with me, I got black algae. I have let my chlorine get low. I also think keeping the water temp above 90 for the last 3 months excelarated the process. The reason I am posting is because I bought a S/S algae brush and had a hard time trying to get into the tight areas and dreaded having to brush all the black spots. Started thinking how to make it easier and came up with a great idea. I used a small power washer. One of those plastic Karmer washers from Home Depot. The hose is made from rubber and the handle is plastic so it was pretty safe to use under water. I just had to make sure the unit did not fall into the pool. There was a risk but I was not getting any where brushing. Also, once I got all the Chlorine in the water it was going to be difficult to brush with an aluminum pole which we all know starts to come apart and break open around the tip.
Took me 20 minutes to clean a 20 x 40 pool.
Do you guys think I was crazy to do it this way? Was there much Danger in getting shocked?