Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool owner

I have never had a pool before. Its a above ground pool. It came with a vaccum of some kind and I cant figure out where to hook it up on to the pump. It is a 18 by 4 ft deep.
    AG, 13500gal, 24x52 Intex Metal Frame, Krystal Clear Filter Pump Model 633, with Intex SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool owner

Welcome! I don't know about above ground pools but lots of the folks here do. Hang on, someone will be along soon.

How does you pool look now? How are you taking care of it? Do you test the water frequently?
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

More info please...

Is this an Intex type self-set or "easy set" pool, or a "permanent" pool that was installed by pool installers?

Does it have a thru the wall skimmer, hose and vacume head, along with a vacume plate? You can find pics of these things here:
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

4. Back To Top    #4

Could be the kind you hook up to the garden hose, not a pool hose. I think those come with some of the Intex kits.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska