Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

ok i am writing this for a friend that just called really panic, since i have a pool and he was house sitting for a house that has one, he was supposed to put a jug of chlorine on monday, but forgot, so he bought a 1 pound bag of shock(Hypochlorite) and put in deep end of pool , when he looked back he said that every spot the shock touched is all stained , a black stain, we are going to try to take it out with acid tomorrow , but i figured maybe someone here would know what to do , and why did it happen, he checked the pool with one of those test strips and every thing was ok

2. Back To Top    #2

Dallas, TX

Re: HELP!!!

Sounds like iron or some other metal(copper?) in the water. Hold a vitamin c tablet against one of the stains to see if it lifts. If it noticeably lightens or goes away you are dealing with metals in the water.
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

3. Back To Top    #3

ok will try to do that, know vitamin c tablet is that a pool term or an actual vitamin c tablet like from walgreens?

4. Back To Top    #4
    Lakeland, FL

actual vitamin c tablet
    you will probably be amazed at the things you can buy at the store to take care of your pool. almost everything you need can be found at the grocery store, which is, I believe, the main point of the BBB method.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.