Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Losing PSI

1. Back To Top    #1

Losing PSI

When I got my sand filter and pump up and running, It was running at 14psi sometimes 15psi. And it has been like that for 2months now. last week I decided to backwash and the water came out green for about 15-20sec. (pool is still crystal clear) Monday I came home from work and my parents along with my family where in the pool and the pump was running.

I noticed it was at 10psi. after everyone was done swimming, I removed the debris catcher thingy from the pool, wiped it off etc. bloodied up my knuckles getting the pump lid/cover off. (first time off since setting it up) it was extremely hard to open. took the catch thingy out and sprayed it off. there was some hair webbing etc. I put everything together and turned it back on, and it still said 10psi. today, it says 9psi.

Do I have a problem? should I try backwashing again?

Thanks in advance.
    18ft x 48in Round Intex Ultra frame. 6,700 gallons.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Losing PSI

PP,

Take the pump strainer basket (catch thingy ) out again and put your hand down into the bottom of the strainer body and see if you can feel anything wrapped around the impellor. Some of them are a little hard to reach but it sure sounds like some junked has wrapped itself in there making it difficult for your pump to operate at full efficiency.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School