Cl220 off-line feeder problems - Plugged?

fwoz

May 15, 2008
Hello. I was having trouble with some algae which i quickly fuixed by shock but when it came back I noticed my hayward CL220 off-line feeder may be plugged. It appears the water is coming in through the round tube inside at the outlet side. I'm going to clean it out but would like to get some info. Inside there are is an inlet and outlet location for water to flow through. Is the inlet water supposed to come in by the control knob? I may have a stuck ball check. Unfortunately my pool guy ( not direspect meant) originally had this thing installed totally wrong.

Any info would help.

Thanks a lot.

Water should be coming in from the control valve only. The check valve on the outlet side should prevent water from entering on that side. If you were to turn your pump off, open the chlorinator lid, turn the dial down to 0, and turn the pump on again, no water should enter the chlorinator.

Thanks for info. looks like I have a backflow problem as I have water coming in on outlet.

My feeder only has a ball check on inlet. Am I missing something. The owner's guide does not show an outflow check valve.
Thanks.

Look at the diagram below. #10 is the plain inlet fitting, just below the adjustment knob. #7 is the check valve on the outlet side.

cl220parts.jpg

You are so right - my fault.

Thanks for the help. Look's like I have a foulty check valve, plugged inlet etc.

If a quick check doesn't solve it look's like a new feeder!

Thanks.

Definitely consider the Pentair Rainbow! The Hayward 200 series chloriniators are knows to suffer from some design problems and in the long run are not dependable units.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.