Can a solar cover breaking down srcew up your pump?

haybird

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Ontario
Hello,
We decided to go with a cheap 8mm solar cover and planned on replacing it every couple years.

The main reason was for the weight and how easy it would be to remove and put on.

We are in are second season and it is starting to break down, ie no air in bubbles, pieces of cover in scimmer. Is there a chance that the pieces of the cover will get through the skimmer and the pump basket and screw up my pump.

I would like to tuff it out 6 more weeks but not at the exspense of a new pump. Thanks for any insight!

Well, as I always say in my real job as tier III support for Ma Bell, "anything's possible". I would think though that the skimmer basket or the leaf basket in the pump would catch it, especially if you're using a skimmer sock. My cover's starting to come apart too, and it ends up in the skimmer sock. All I'm getting at the moment are little circles of blue plastic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.