Pool alarms

JimmyinMI

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
Brighton, Michigan
Hello All,

I'm about 3 days from my in-ground pool being finished (as long as the weather holds off...) and I've been researching various pool alarms. It appears that there is a wide range from inexpensive to quite expensive. Is there a consensus on the board about pool alarms?

I'm considering the Swim Alert by MG International. Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks
Matt

JimmyinMI said:
Is there a consensus on the board about pool alarms?

The closest you'll come to a consensus is that they are a pain and not a substitute for a fence. I wish there was one to recommend, but they all seem to be terribly susceptible to false alarms.

I am guessing no one likes to discuss pool alarms?

I am also on the home stretch on construction of my pool...have a couple of youngters at the house. Even though i know the best preventive medicine is full time supervision. But kids will be kids.

I am thinking a subsurface alarm...read up some good info about them, and they are less likely to have false alarms. Anyone has experience with subsurface alarms?

Thanks for your comment.
pm

PoolMan93 said:
I am guessing no one likes to discuss pool alarms?
What is there to talk about? They all give false alarms. After a couple of false alarms you stop paying attention to them or disable them and it is the same as if you never had one in the first place (except you are out some money and had to respond to the false alarms).

If you are worried, spend your money on a really good tall fence with auto latching gates and child proof latches.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.