cleaning scum ring

I get in the pool and use my hand to rub the ring. If it is really stubborn we have a soft nylon pad that was made to clean our ceramic cook top that we use and the ring come right off. I have a fiberglass pool and the surface is very smooth.

Hey guys, I ran across this post in trying to deal with the same problem and was on my way to the pool store to get some tile/vinyl cleanser when my wife suggested trying Magic Eraser. She had used it for removing scuff marks and other uncleanables when we moved.

It was literally amazing. In less than 10 seconds I was able to clean a small area from dark grey to like-new. I took the plunge and cleaned about 50 linear feet of scummy poolside in about 15 minutes - no exaggeration - with very little elbow grease. Incredible. Here's a link to Magic Eraser - I strongly recommend it for fast cleanup of pool ring and scum. :party:

I use a microfibre cloth and clean each tile by hand from inside the pool
They get so much gunk off sometime I need to use several.

It Works very well and it quite gentle on the tile, at the same time I stay on top of it so it doesnt get too bad to start with.

Heavy bather loads all using sunblock are the gunk builders for me.

Uncle Dave

Just wanted to add my voice to the Magic Eraser method - just tried it and it worked perfectly. I would not call it abrasive at all and my 15 year old daughter went around the whole pool in about 15 minutes!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.