Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi, I'm new johnc790

1. Back To Top    #1

Maryborough, Qld.

Hi, I'm new johnc790

Hi I am new here,

I live in a small town in Queensland in Australia, I recently became a homeowner for the first time and included in my backyard is a beautiful (if a little old) 27,000L pool which has been taken care of quite well by the previous owner and I want keep that going. I know nothing about pools and I must admit I was a little baffled by it all, but just reading the information here I can see answers to half my queries already. I came here looking for answers to my algae problem but I can see this is quite a nice little community and I think I could learn a lot and share what little I know with others as time goes by.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Hi, I'm new johnc790

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi...and welcome to TFP!

I am a pool noobie myself but the great folks on this site are wonderful and quick to respond when you have a problem or question. Hope you enjoy your pool!

Travis & Kathy
    16x32 AGP (extra return outlet installed), Pentair Dynamo Pump (1.5HP, 60+ GPM), Sta-Rite Crystal Flow Sand Filter (300 lb), Clear Diamond Solar Blanket & Reel, Pool-Skim
    Aqua Trol SWG (also controlling the pump), TF Test Kit. (Everything self installed, up and running on 08/02/09)
    Enjoying the TFP site and appreciating the infinite knowledge of it's members... and I'm slowly learning how to maintain our new pool the BBB way!
    Four Winds Spa (love the tub...hate the filtration system). Best water quality in four years using the BBB method

4. Back To Top    #4

West Virginia

WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

5. Back To Top    #5
    South Carolina

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!