Welll...... We Did It!!!!!!

mpride

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2008
Sugar Land Texas
Ok. After many months of questioning and debating if we should get a pool or not we finally decided to it. Here are a few of the construction pics so far. If you are bored and want to see more of the pics you can take a look on photobucket. http://s957.photobucket.com/albums/ae55/mpride63/

Attachments

• Pool 003.JPG
    Pool 003.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 1,787
  • Pool 002.JPG
    Pool 002.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 1,786
  • Pool 001.JPG
    Pool 001.JPG
    240.6 KB · Views: 1,790
DBfan187 said:
What's that pipe that goes into the ground and sticks up in the air for?
Don't know what that is. It just appeared today. I know that there's a pool light in that area and it looks like a conduit but I'm not sure what it would be for. I'll have to ask the project manager when I see him.

mirage said:
Wow this is one of the cleanest construction site I've seen around here.

I couldn't help notice that you got a complete Hayward system.
Mirage

It's not so clean anymore is it?

Hayward. Yeah that's the manufacturer of choice for my PB so that's the direction we went with the equipment.

Here are some pics of the chosen tile.

The water is looking a little cloudy. I guess I better pour in some more bleach! :-D

Attachments

• IMG_1415_sm.jpg
    IMG_1415_sm.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 1,301
  • IMG_1416_sm.jpg
    IMG_1416_sm.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 1,302

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
momov2 said:
I will agree with mirage. My yard is a wreck right now and our back fill dirt is in two piles in the corner of our yard. Your contractor is doing an excellent job in respecting your property. Looks great.

I stopped worrying about it after the gunite. I just hope I can get things back to normal soon.

Ok.
I get home tonight and I now have a deck form in place.
However, most of the rebar is laying directly on the ground except next to the pool shell where it's tied in. I'm planning to call the builder in the morning and tell them not to pour concrete until the rebar is supported in such a way as to place it more in the middle of the deck.

Here are my questions to the forum:

1) Am I being too anal or is this truly a real concern?
2) Should I be concerned about the portion of the rebar that is tied to the pool shell being so close to the top of what will become the deck?

coastal said:
That pool will be a blast :party:

I hope you are far enough south that you get to enjoy it when they finish.

We live in southeast Texas so I hope to get in a few weeks of swimming before Winter but we'll see.

I have a couple of pictures of the deck. Getting closer.......

Attachments

• Pool 001_sm.jpg
    Pool 001_sm.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 600
  • Pool 003_sm.jpg
    Pool 003_sm.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 602
polyvue said:
It certainly appears to be larger than 300 sf and more volume than 9700(?) gallons. What is the depth of the pool? Maybe it's the perspective of the photos....

Those specs were provided by the builder. It's not a deep pool. My wife wanted to keep it shallow. I guess I should run the numbers through the pool calculator.

The pool is 3.5' x 5' x 3.5' .

mpride said:
Those specs were provided by the builder. It's not a deep pool. My wife wanted to keep it shallow.
Aaah, 4 ft avg depth. Well, the builder was probably close -- 9 to 11K gallons is about right. It's funny how deep the pool appeared, especially in the first photo. I remember I thought the excavator had made a grievous error when I saw how deep they dug my 6.5 ft 'deep end' -- it looked like 12 ft!

We got plaster today and we're fillin her up! I can't believe it! I know it's not as fancy as a lot of the pools I see on here but I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

It wont be long now!

Attachments

• Pool 008_sm.jpg
    Pool 008_sm.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 444
  • Pool 006_sm.jpg
    Pool 006_sm.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 443
  • Pool 001_sm.jpg
    Pool 001_sm.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 442
mpride said:
I know it's not as fancy as a lot of the pools I see on here ...
Don't be silly... it's a great looking pool. Just noticed that you have jets at the seat/climb-out in the pool's deep end. Great idea. If I'd have thought of that in the design stage I could have saved $7000 (by cutting the IG spa.)

Congratulations! :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.