Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welll...... We Did It!!!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Welll...... We Did It!!!!!!

Ok. After many months of questioning and debating if we should get a pool or not we finally decided to it. Here are a few of the construction pics so far. If you are bored and want to see more of the pics you can take a look on photobucket. http://s957.photobucket.com/albums/ae55/mpride63/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mark
    IG Gunite * White Plaster * 26'9" x 14' * 310sqft * 70' Perimeter * 9300 Gallons * 2 Main Drains
    2 Skimmers * 4 Jets * Aqua Plus Control System * Aqua Rite Salt System * C3025 Cartridge Filter
    Tristar 2HP 2 Speed Pump * H400K Heater * Phantom w/Booster Pump * ColorLogic

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Welll...... We Did It!!!!!!

Here are a few more pics.
    Mark
    IG Gunite * White Plaster * 26'9" x 14' * 310sqft * 70' Perimeter * 9300 Gallons * 2 Main Drains
    2 Skimmers * 4 Jets * Aqua Plus Control System * Aqua Rite Salt System * C3025 Cartridge Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Wow this is one of the cleanest construction site I've seen around here.

I couldn't help notice that you got a complete Hayward system.

Keep the pics coming.

Mirage
    25x25x16 L shaped concrete, 4' to 6', 21,000 gal, PLP4 - Pro Logic System Control & Aqua Logic Salt Chlorine Cell, Hayward TriStar 1 HP, 24" Sand Filter, SunHeater Solar Heating System, ColorLogic Light, Jandy deck jets.

4. Back To Top    #4

I got gunite!!!!!!!!!!
    Mark

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

What's that pipe that goes into the ground and sticks up in the air for?

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by DBfan187
    What's that pipe that goes into the ground and sticks up in the air for?
    Don't know what that is. It just appeared today. I know that there's a pool light in that area and it looks like a conduit but I'm not sure what it would be for. I'll have to ask the project manager when I see him.
    Mark

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by mirage
    Wow this is one of the cleanest construction site I've seen around here.

I couldn't help notice that you got a complete Hayward system.
    Mirage
    It's not so clean anymore is it?

Hayward. Yeah that's the manufacturer of choice for my PB so that's the direction we went with the equipment.
    Mark

8. Back To Top    #8

Here are some pics of the chosen tile.

The water is looking a little cloudy. I guess I better pour in some more bleach!
    Mark

9. Back To Top    #9

Looking Good!!

Yeah, it was clean.... Oh well...
    54'X26', 9'x7' Spa, Gunite, Pebbletech Blue Granite, Pentair Equipment, 520 Cartridge filt., SWG, 320 chlorinator (just in case), Easy touch 8 control, 2 1/2 hp pool pump, 400k Mastertemp Heater, Polaris 280 on 3/4 hp pump, 22' x 4' Moss rock waterfall, and weaping wall 2.5hp, 10x8 Flagstone island with 3 fountain jets w/ 2.0hp. 28k gallons.

10. Back To Top    #10

I will agree with mirage. My yard is a wreck right now and our back fill dirt is in two piles in the corner of our yard. Your contractor is doing an excellent job in respecting your property. Looks great.
    18x33 Delair Sunsation GS AGP Oval 4 shallow-6 deep mostly buried

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by momov2
    I will agree with mirage. My yard is a wreck right now and our back fill dirt is in two piles in the corner of our yard. Your contractor is doing an excellent job in respecting your property. Looks great.
    I stopped worrying about it after the gunite. I just hope I can get things back to normal soon.
    Mark

12. Back To Top    #12

Ok.
    I get home tonight and I now have a deck form in place.
    However, most of the rebar is laying directly on the ground except next to the pool shell where it's tied in. I'm planning to call the builder in the morning and tell them not to pour concrete until the rebar is supported in such a way as to place it more in the middle of the deck.

Here are my questions to the forum:

1) Am I being too anal or is this truly a real concern?
    2) Should I be concerned about the portion of the rebar that is tied to the pool shell being so close to the top of what will become the deck?
    Mark

13. Back To Top    #13

Forgot to include a couple of pics:
    Mark

14. Back To Top    #14

That pool will be a blast

I hope you are far enough south that you get to enjoy it when they finish.
    Aprox 30' X 18' Free Form Shot - Crete In Ground
    Pool, Spa, Sunshelf, 8800 Gallons
    Pentair Intelliflo Vairable Speed Pump
    Pentair 150 Sq Ft Cartridge Filter
    Pentair Ultra Temp Heater

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by coastal
    That pool will be a blast

I hope you are far enough south that you get to enjoy it when they finish.

We live in southeast Texas so I hope to get in a few weeks of swimming before Winter but we'll see.

I have a couple of pictures of the deck. Getting closer.......
    Mark

16. Back To Top    #16

It certainly appears to be larger than 300 sf and more volume than 9700(?) gallons. What is the depth of the pool? Maybe it's the perspective of the photos....
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by polyvue
    It certainly appears to be larger than 300 sf and more volume than 9700(?) gallons. What is the depth of the pool? Maybe it's the perspective of the photos....
    Those specs were provided by the builder. It's not a deep pool. My wife wanted to keep it shallow. I guess I should run the numbers through the pool calculator.

The pool is 3.5' x 5' x 3.5' .
    Mark

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by mpride
    Those specs were provided by the builder. It's not a deep pool. My wife wanted to keep it shallow.
    Aaah, 4 ft avg depth. Well, the builder was probably close -- 9 to 11K gallons is about right. It's funny how deep the pool appeared, especially in the first photo. I remember I thought the excavator had made a grievous error when I saw how deep they dug my 6.5 ft 'deep end' -- it looked like 12 ft!
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __

19. Back To Top    #19

We got plaster today and we're fillin her up! I can't believe it! I know it's not as fancy as a lot of the pools I see on here but I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!

It wont be long now!
    Mark

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by mpride
    I know it's not as fancy as a lot of the pools I see on here ...
    Don't be silly... it's a great looking pool. Just noticed that you have jets at the seat/climb-out in the pool's deep end. Great idea. If I'd have thought of that in the design stage I could have saved $7000 (by cutting the IG spa.)

Congratulations!
    __

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast