Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I'm taking the plunge

1. Back To Top    #1

I'm taking the plunge

I have been viewing this forum for a while, getting plenty of information.... I just signed a contract on Saturday for a Trilogy fiberglass pool 28x14 (kidney). After researching all pool types and options, I decided this was the best choice for me. I have opted to purchase the salt water system seperately and let them install it to save myself a few bucks. The installer has suggested the Hayward AutoLogic P4. I will also be purchasing my deck jets seperately and have found a set of 4 Jandy deck jets for what seems to be a great price. Although I have had a pool built before, in a previous house, (vinyl liner).... I am excited yet nervous at the same time (maybe because this one is costing me twice as much).

Anyway, all the advice I can get is appreciated.....

28x14 inground fiberglass, Hayward sand filter, Hayward super pump 1.5 hp, AquaLogic P-4, SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: I'm taking the plunge

Welcome to TFP and congratulations!

The AutoLogic P4 is a great system, but after a couple of years most people wish they had gotten a PS8. More relays are always good, and over the years you almost always think of something you want to do with them. It is noticeably more money, so this isn't a must have upgrade, but well worth thinking about.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School