Brand new Whisperflo pump won't start, just hums

I'm a bit discouraged. My Pentair Whisperflo WFE-8 2HP 208-230V was just put in by an electrician when the old one had burnt out. The old one ran for approximately 15 years with no problems. One day it stopped pumping and simply madde a buzzing sound or a stuck sound, anyway, it stopped working. We called our home warranty company and they sent the electrician. He reported that there was dirt on the back end halfway buring the pump. He said this was "not normal wear and tear" and as a result, the warranty company would not pay for it. We agreed, much to our chagrin, to pay the electrician to install a brand new pump. We followed his instructions on how to dig out the platform making sure the same heating issue would not happenIt worked great for about a week, yesterday ... it stopped pumping and made the same sound.

He isn't in the office today (SUN) but to can bet we'll be calling him out Monday. In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas why this one may have gone out? I've done many searches with different keywords and can't find much information on why a Whisperflo 2HP pool pump stops working.

Any of your thoughts, comments, or questions are greatly appreciated.

Whisperflo pump stats page: http://www.pentairpool.com/products/pro ... php?id=193

Highly unlikely unless something got thru the strainer and into the pump casing jamming the impeller. I have seen one side of a double pole breaker go bad and not reset but that is extremely rare and it wouldn't hum if that was the case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.