Fortuna, Ca.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
I came home today to the pool not running. Breakers popped, they do that sometimes. I turned them back on and the heater had no power, heater is direct wired. tried to push buttons on heater to no avail no power to heater. Went away and came back later, breakers popped again, they were warm though. tried to turn them on, nothing. I tried flipping them on about 4-5 times nothing. :cry: called my handy friend to come tomorrow. (always on Sunday these things happen) don't know how he will trace it without power.

They should trace the fault with a resistance meter, most likely a short circuit from the heating element although if you are in a hard water area the element could be heavily coated in calcium deposits which can make it draw more power as it overheats.

Hope they find it, electricty and water are not good bedfellows.

Just my opinion. Please call a qualified, liscenced electrician. A handy friend is ok when you need to move a washing machine, not when it comes to electricity. Warm breakers are not a good thing. There is power, just not to the heater.

This heater was installed in January with much trouble. My calcium runs a steady 160. and the PH keeps dropping so I have to keep it above 7.4. scale has never been a problem in my equipment. low PH has caused the heater before this to corrode though.I thought it was the leaking gasquet in the pump. before. I do have the parts for it but since it was working again I was letting it be.
My friend is qualified, he solved my problems before when the pool guy couldn't, hoping he can again or it will be an electriction that probably dosen't understand pool equipment.

So when my friend came he told me I hadn't flipped the switch on the timer on, this is the second time I have done this to him.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.