Ranger gets stuck on the ladder. Any bright ideas?

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
I have a Zodiac Ranger pool cleaner that keeps getting hung up on the ladder in my pool. So far the only way I can keep it from getting stuck is too shorten the hose, but then the clean won't reach all the way across the pool. I've tried making little barricades to keep it from going under the ladder but that hasn't worked either. Any ideas out there?

if you're talking about those big steps with the weight behind them that seem to allow the vac to go halfway in then stop - teh only thing you can do is to seal of the sides of the stairs straight down and back - it would require quite a bit of modification but is not impossible - I often thought abut putting privacy lattice down the sides - keeping it 1" away from the floor and wall, it's stiff enough that you can screw it into the sides of the stairs with stainless screws and washers and that should support the lattice fine, the lattice will allow flow through it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.