Weekend Trip Advice

Jul 12, 2009
Rhode Island
This is my first summer using BBB and I have a question regarding what to do when away from the house.

This weekend I'll be away from the house for the first time since I started BBB and I'm just wondering what the normal process is when folks are away for a few days (3 for me in this case).

Do I just bring my FC up to shock level before I leave?

Do I leave my FC at normal level and just put the floater with some chlorine tabs in the pool while I'm gone?

I assume I should leave my pump running the whole time I'm gone.

Just looking for a little advice. Thanks in advance.

It really depends on your particular situation.

Bringing it to shock level is good if you can cover it while you're gone.

A floater will work if your CYA is on the lower side and your pH is on the higher side before you leave.

You should leave the pump running if you don't have it on a timer.

Three days is not a long time so with a little forethought it shouldn't be in too bad a shape when you get back.

Thanks for the info.

I do have a new solar cover, but haven't taken it out of the package yet and would rather not have to put it on just for a few days to be taken off again for a month.

I think I'll shock it and put the floater tabs in there. Should be fine for the weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.