Flow Switch for Goldline SWG

Jul 31, 2009
Chandler, AZ
Hi all,

I just stumbled across this forum and have been digesting this wealth of information. I have one quick tip that I thought I should pass along to add to the knowledge base here.

My flow switch went bad earlier this year and I didn't want to pay the ridiculous price for the replacement. I thought about trying to build my own etc. Finally I was able to determine who manufactured the switch for Goldline. I was able to call them directly and order the part and they shipped it directly to my house.

I believe the Goldline part number is: GLD-451-1001 or GLX-FLO-RP

Here's the manufacturer info:
Harwil Corporation (Oxnard, CA)
PH Numbner = 805-988-6800
Part Number = Q-12DS-C2 (Description = Goldline-2/No Tee)

The folks at Harwil are very friendly and helpful. I paid $80 (including shipping) for my new switch. This is considerably less that I could find on the net.

Hopefully I can help someone else save a few bucks by posting this on the forum.

Thanks!

whollins said:
Hi all,

I just stumbled across this forum and have been digesting this wealth of information. I have one quick tip that I thought I should pass along to add to the knowledge base here.

My flow switch went bad earlier this year and I didn't want to pay the ridiculous price for the replacement. I thought about trying to build my own etc. Finally I was able to determine who manufactured the switch for Goldline. I was able to call them directly and order the part and they shipped it directly to my house.

I believe the Goldline part number is: GLD-451-1001 or GLX-FLO-RP

Here's the manufacturer info:
Harwil Corporation (Oxnard, CA)
PH Numbner = 805-988-6800
Part Number = Q-12DS-C2 (Description = Goldline-2/No Tee)

The folks at Harwil are very friendly and helpful. I paid $80 (including shipping) for my new switch. This is considerably less that I could find on the net.

Hopefully I can help someone else save a few bucks by posting this on the forum.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. What was your SWG doing to determine the flow switch was bad. Mine the light comes on but does not flash like it use to for 60-90 seconds then it would start working. I was going to order a flow switch but was not sure and can not find a way to trouble shoot with certainty. Expensive trial and error Did you diagnose or just take a chance?
Thanks
Paul

Paul,

On the goldline setup that I have you get an error message on the controller display that says "no flow". Doesn't sound like you have the same setup? When I took the flow switch out it was obviously bad. It was missing the metal "flapper" that activates the switch.

I've attached a picture of the flow switc from the internet for your reference.

Hope that helps![attachment=0:1b3jzwuy]goldline flow switch.jpg[/attachment:1b3jzwuy]

Attachments

• goldline flow switch.jpg
    goldline flow switch.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,450
I get the no flow light on the control board but it use to flash now it burns steady. I took the FV out and there is no visible damage. I guess I will order a new FV and try it unless someone else has ideas. The $80 is much cheaper than the $1000 to replace.
Thanks for your help.
Paul

whollins you are a lifesaver! I had the identical problem with a flow switch today. The Goldline website is useless for troubleshooting so I googled the problem and came across your post. I found the little metal flapper stuck inside the salt cell when I cleaned it last month and could not figure out what the heck it was or how it washed into the cell. I don't know how the flow switch operated without the flapper for this long but it just gave me a no flow light today. Thank you for your post and thanks for the manufacturer contact info. I'll order one tomorrow.

Thank you all so much - I just called Harwil, and exactly as described in the post - the lady that answered the phone knew almost immediately what I needed - very kind and helpful - $68 + shipping - like $80 compared to $200+ at pinch-a-penny.

To test I needed a flow switch, I cut the end off an old phone cord and twisted all the wires together - I have the Hayward salt generator w/ the CO2 injection for pH balance (ORP).

jd

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does the switch from the company in CA come with the cord attached like the picture above? I need to make sure I can replace it once it arrives if I order it. The local company here wants 159.95 + tax

Worst case? Hydrogen gas explosion. What "CAN" happen is if you lose flow and the cell continues to be energized without flow, hydrogen gas will build up. When hydrogen gas collects in a large enough volume, and something ignites it, you will have pool parts all over the neighborhood.

As long as you've got proper flow going through the cell to evaculate any gases, you're ok. Make sure your control panel is wired to turn off when the pump turns off.

hmmmm - pool parts all over the neighborhood or expedite getting the flow switch? I'm gonna have to think about this one overnight. I keep thinking this is such a simple device, I should be able to build one or retrofit the old one.

Hey Whollins,

I just called and ordered the replacement flow switch for my swg. The rep, Angela, could not have been more helpful and pleasant. She submitted my order and I expect it next Tuesday. I managed to save about $90 following your suggestion.

Thanks for taking the time to share your information.

Does the flow switch only monitor water flow and temperature or does it also determine the salt ppm? I'm having issues with the salt reading on the readout on my Aqua Rite T-Cell-15 not being accurate and was wondering if that was a flow switch function.

22,000 gal, vinyl, inground, haywood filter, tiger shark cleaner (it's da bomb).

Thanks,
Jason

I received my flow switch today and installed it in two minutes. I'm back online and saved $80 dollars plus $85 fee of having electrical pool guy come out to tell me it was the flow switch. Thanks all!

So...I just pulled mine out and it looks fine, too. How long was it 'til yours went bad??? Mine is almost 4 yrs. old, did that work for you? (Paul, Costa Rica, or others? Thanks)
Chris
Atlanta, GA

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.