I am a longtime reader and first time poster. Our pool was built 15 months ago by Riverbend. I have been fighting PH the whole time. It feels like I am pouring MA in all the time. I have used the store "recommended" expensive chemicals and have experienced many of the issues outlined in thsi forum. Between different pool supply stores, I get varied answers. So I would appreciate the real truth Then I can make the switch to BBB!
1) Once I shock or add with bleach, how long should we wait before swimming? We have a 16 month old son as well. So pardon my ignorance, just a concern I have. I know to wait 4 hours to swim after adding MA. If I add 1 gallon of 6% bleach to 10000 gal, it will raise the CH 6ppm? If I only want to raise it 3ppm, I would add 1 gallon per 20000 gal?
2) Using bleach, I shouldn't follow the "recommended" shock schedule set by the pool company? I should shock the pool when my CC hits a certain range and then follow the shock instructions? The Taylor K2005 does not have the overnight test? Does the TF100? Can someone outline this test for me? Do I need to get a separate sample in the morning?
3) Should I remove my Polaris daily? How often should I run it?
4) How many hours should I run my filter pump?
5) Can I use a SS brush on this plaster finish?
6) Is Borax needed if my PH is always high? I also have a beagle who likes to drink water from the pool. I have tried to discourage it; however, I am not sure he will listen when I am inside.
Raised Spa with waterfall into pool and 2 scuppers as well.
Jandy 60 sqft DE filter
2.5 HP Stealth Circulation Pump
RiverSand Finish with Tahoe Blue
Polaris 280 Complete with booster pump
LARS LT40 Natural Heater
Rainbow 320 Chlorinator
Nature 2 Express Complete
Del Ozonator Systm
28179 Gallons (40ft x 20 ft)