? for intex owners

Jul 9, 2009
Iowa
Could you mount this to the side of a intex metal frame pool?

fb59_35.JPG

You could probably find a shade tree mechanic way to mount it, but I suspect that it wouldn't be practical. After 5 minutes of swimming with the Intex skimmer installed it was soon apparent that it had to go.

And if you're considering cutting the liner and installing it outside the pool......yikes! Just sayin :)

Fordman,
There have been a few others that have asked or done this. Look at this one:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/abg-pool-plumbing-fittings-t9502.html
My plan is to find someone with an Intex that is tossing it, and use the material from that pool to create a "patch" that will be 2-3 inches larger than the outside of the skimmer. Just having trouble finding a donor pool. Do not want to use a blue one, as mine is the gray ultra-frame. If I cannot find a donor, I may use some PVC showerpan liner that I saw at Lowes.
Mike

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10730729

I guess it is not Intex brand, and also seems that the skimmer thing is the whole shebang... pump, filter, and all. But it is through the wall...

ETA: Didn't mean to imply that this pump/filter/skimmer combo is good or adequate, just mentioned that even in the world of 'temporary' pools a through-the-wall setup is being produced.

fordman said:
Well that skimmer looks big. Don't know how I am going to support it but will do it somehow. And the only down side I will have to take it apart to fold it up for the year.

What I ment was the skimmer looked big. I am not going to buy it but the one I buy don't know how I am going to support it have a couple ideas will post pictures next year when I put up my metal frame pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.