MiniMax NT help

saltyarkansas

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
Rogers, Arkansas (NW AR)
The LED display on my heater is telling me the water temp. is "HI" not allowing the heater to kick on. According to the manual, this should only occur when the water temp. is higher than 114. The water temp. can't be more than 81. The manual doesn't address what could be causing this to happen. Any advice?

Hi again :)

I would suspect that the 'thermistor' is bad - what does the display tell you the temp is? (Bad ones usually default to ~ 126*)

Alternately, the Hi Limit switch may be fried.

Have you run the pool for a couple of years with tri-chlor pucks?

If its not the sensor its self its mostlikely the termistor.

If the heater fires and runs for a minute then kicks off due to high heat, its the thermistor. (a simple thermostat like in your car) its just not opening and the manifold temp is getting too high.

If it gets a high temp error and never fires the sensor is bad.

saltyarkansas said:
waste,
I just joined and you're stuck helping me with all my problems!
All the display says is "HI". It doesn't give me a temperature reading.

tgramm,
The heater won't fire at all, I assume because of the "HI" temp. reading. What sensor are you referring to?

You should get a HI led after the "boot" and then an E02 error once it has tried to fire. But it will never get to the point of tuning on gas.

High limit thermostate is on the heaters' inlet/outlet manifold.
http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/MiniMaxNTOM.pdf
Page 33, Item 16

Hello .... Not sure if this is the correct area to post this question ...new to the site.

I have a min max heater digital display 250 / . I had the blower motor go bad . Replaced it and the heater will not start correctly and run for about 10 minutes or so . The water temp seems luke warm coming into the pool . I inspected the flow valve and replaced it . I also replaced the HIGH limit temp sensor 150 degree and the low limit 115 and the thermo probe . The heater runs then I get an e02 code . It cools down and restarts itself . What I noticed is the fan motor is extremely hot . So I suspect a bad connection or the wrong voltage from the digital board ? any ideas what could cause the motor to get this hot ?. I have also opened up both sides of the heat exchanger to make sure it is not blocked . The high temp limit is because the fan motor is getting hot ?

Any help is appreciated

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.