saltyarkansas

saltyarkansas

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
Rogers, Arkansas (NW AR)
Just stumbled onto this site yesterday evening and wanted to say "thanks" for everything I learned so far! I've owned this pool for 5 years now and it's been a constant struggle. With what I've read so far, I'm confident that I can learn how to maintain my pool properly with a minimum amount of effort and get back to enjoying the pool as it was intended. Thanks for all the helpful information!

BTW,
I'm currently shopping for a replacement SWG. I'll search the board for recommendations & opinions, but any help you can give is much appreciated!

Salty, welcome to TFP!!

You did a great! job of reading and knowing to set up a sig :goodjob: Also, thanks for helping to keep this place running by already becoming a supporter :party: :whoot:

r.e. - the SWCG - the major brands all do the job, there is a difference in some of the 'bells and whistles', but that's user preference :) Pool Pilot, Goldline, Jandy and Zodiac are all good units! and any of them will sanitize the pool. I'm not sure about the lower cost models available, but others here know about them and will tell you their experience with them :cool:

Do a little reading/ research and decide between a couple of models and post which ones you're looking into here and we'll help you decide :-D

Again, THANK YOU for supporting this site and having a sig set up on your first post! :bowdown: :cheers:

waste:
I saw several posts asking people to supply their info in their sig. I caught on real fast!

waterbear:
I'm not in the industry so the only experience I have is with the Zodiac. Based on my experience, I'll never own another one! To be fair, the builder under-sized mine which is probably one of the reasons it's never worked properly. In any case, after doing much research, I narrowed it down to the Aquarite & the CircuPool. I just ordered the CircuPool RJ45 and am looking forward to getting it installed later this week. I'll keep you posted on the results.

I just went through this as I just converted to a SWG.

For me, I wanted a little bit of automation with the SWG and didn't want 2 separate units, so I bought the SWG option to go with the automation system I liked.... Goldline ProLogic.

Although I didn't want to spend the money now, I like the option of adding more features to the ProLogic as I wanted.

I have combined my system with a little ozonation for extra oxidation and it allows me to keep the cell running on a lower output hopefully letting my cell last longer....of course I have expense with the ozonator also....its not for everyone but I like it. Autopilot is shipping an ozone option on their units now if you are interested. The ozone units are actually made by DelOzone and autopilot resells them with an injector integrated into their manifold system.

Another way of selecting a SWG is to choose one based on replacement cell cost.

I purchased my Prologic system from http://www.h20poolproducts.com
Their site is organized well and will help you figure out which parts you need.

Good luck,

Lee