Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: weird - no bleach in over 2 weeks and water crystal clear

1. Back To Top    #1

Jasper, TN

weird - no bleach in over 2 weeks and water crystal clear

I haven't been able to do any care to my AGP in a little over 2 weeks due to gout in my foot (first timer ever having it, worse pain I've ever experienced in my life).

I would peek at it out the window every day and it looked clear. Today I actually go to the pool and other than a little bit of sediment on the bottom, the water looks practically perfect.

I could not stand on my foot any longer to do tests, but I put 2 gallons of 6% in and turned the pump back on. I have never put anything else in the pool other than CYA (which was at 70 last time I checked it about 3 weeks ago), and BBB.

We've had a lot of rain and I just can't understand how 0ppm CL would give me clear water after over 2 weeks.
    24' x 52" AGP = 13.5k gallons
    Dynamo 2.0 HP pump,Sand Dollar sand filter
    Polaris 65 vacuum (good when there are a ton of leaves on bottom), Pool Rover Jr. (LOVE it, but power box dead right now), AquaCritter (an excellent suction side cleaner)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Covington, Georgia

Re: weird - no bleach in over 2 weeks and water crystal clear

Someone was watching over you and gave you a break !!
    Sorry to hear about your foot. My Father had gout and he said it was painful as ^$#* !
    Glad to see your felling better !!
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!