algae clumps

so i found and joined this website because i have a algae problem, this all started about 2 weeks a go iv been shocking and shocking and vacuuming and cant seem to clear it up.
i had the water tested and all levels where good except chlorine levels where 0 and thatr was two days after i put in two bags of burnout 35.
after reading thru the website here i went and bought 2 jugs of bleach and put them in 1 at a time; after the first 164 oz. i checked with the test strip and the chlorine level was normal but the algae was still there so i started adding the second jug in hopes i would raise it to a shocking level. algae still there in the same spots so here are my questions.

does the water temp effect algae growth?
how do you clean the liner under water or is just scrubbing the spot good enough?

thanks
Dom

Dom, Welcome to the forum

Read How to Shock your Pool up in Pool School. It is a process that can take a few days during which your chlorine can't be allowed to get low.......that's been your problem.

Read the article and prepare to use about 4 times the amount of chlorine you have been using.

Additionally, you should post a full set of test results (esp. CYA) so we can see if you have any other issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.