This is my third year using baquacil and I think it is probably time to switch to chlorine. I know there are not a lot of baquacil users on here, but I didn't reallly find anywhere else with answers.
Because my steps do not have good circulation I have had water mold every year. I saw that I can enlarge the holes on the side of my stairs to improve circulation. I hope that and chlorine will help in the future.
Right now, I still have a water mold problem and it is in my lines now. I poured 2 gallons of shock right into the skimmer as the pool store recommended. Bubbles came shooting out the return as expected. It has been 4 days and the pool has cleared some, but it is still a little cloudy. I have been changing the DE once or twice a week because it doesn't regenerate.
How do I know if I killed it all? As long as I poured the shock in bubbles kept coming out. Should I shock next week in the same way?
Will switching to chlorine now take care of the water mold? Will the process of converting keep the shock level high enough to clean everything? I am concerned about starting the conversion now for two reasons. My sanitizer and shock levels are pretty high and we are going on vacation in a week. I would love any advice you have. I have been reading eveything on this site for a couple of days and it really seems like you guys know what you are talking about!