North Alabama Newbie

Hello to All,

We are new to pool ownership. Just had a AG Doughboy installed on June 29th. Since then I have been spending all spare time building the deck. Now that it is complete, I can start swimming and concentrate on maintaining the pool. I started out with the starter kit that came with the pool. Soon after I visited the local pool store with a water sample. Yes, I over spent on chemicals and started using the recommend EZ-Pool chemical. A couple weeks ago I discoverd TFP and just started the BBB. Last night I took some chemistry samples with the TF100. Results:
FC-1.5, CC-0.5, TC-2.0, PH-7.5, TA-120, CYA was below 20 (I ended up with the tube full and could still vaguely see the black dot), CH-300. The pool calculator suggests adding stabilizer, so I think I will try Walmart, looking for stabilizer with cyanuric acid. I did add 64oz of bleach and checked the FC an hour later with the daily test and it was much better. I will be checking daily.

Thanks to all who contribute to the forum. I have learned a great deal just from reading. Our water is crystal clear at the moment and my goal is to keep it that way.