Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: North Alabama Newbie

1. Back To Top    #1

North East Alabama

North Alabama Newbie

Hello to All,

We are new to pool ownership. Just had a AG Doughboy installed on June 29th. Since then I have been spending all spare time building the deck. Now that it is complete, I can start swimming and concentrate on maintaining the pool. I started out with the starter kit that came with the pool. Soon after I visited the local pool store with a water sample. Yes, I over spent on chemicals and started using the recommend EZ-Pool chemical. A couple weeks ago I discoverd TFP and just started the BBB. Last night I took some chemistry samples with the TF100. Results:
    FC-1.5, CC-0.5, TC-2.0, PH-7.5, TA-120, CYA was below 20 (I ended up with the tube full and could still vaguely see the black dot), CH-300. The pool calculator suggests adding stabilizer, so I think I will try Walmart, looking for stabilizer with cyanuric acid. I did add 64oz of bleach and checked the FC an hour later with the daily test and it was much better. I will be checking daily.

Thanks to all who contribute to the forum. I have learned a great deal just from reading. Our water is crystal clear at the moment and my goal is to keep it that way.
    24FT x 52IN Round, AG Doughboy, 13500Gal, 24IN Sand Filter, 1.5HP Pump, TF 100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Coastalish 'down easter'

Re: North Alabama Newbie

Welcome to TFP!!

Sounds like you're on the right track

Please ask us any questions you encounter in the future ... and in the mean time ENJOY THAT POOL!
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: North Alabama Newbie

Welcome to TFP!

Close call with the EZ pool - glad you found us in time....
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner