Aqua Rite Temperature Sensor Question

mickey4paws

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2009
S.E. MI
I have an Aqua Rite SWG where you can see the pool temp on the SWG's panel. The cell of my SWG is just downstream of the heater, so the temp on the panel is way too high since it's sensing the water just as it comes out of the heater.

Does anyone know if the temperature readout on the panel can be calibrated? I'd like it to as closely as possible match the pool's actual temp, not what's coming out of the heater. Thanks!

Calibration won't help in this situation. It's reading exactly what it's seeing. If you adjust it down then when the heater is off it's going to read several degrees cooler than the pool. A no win situation. What you need to do is move the sensor to the suction, which I don't know if that can be done. You could investigate adding another sensor.

The cell is supposed to be downstream of the heater and the cell needs to measure the actual temp of the water in the cell since the temp will have an effect on the chemical reaction taking place in the cell. It is not meant to give you a reading of the water temp in the pool. The aqualogic units have a separate temp probe to measure pool water temperature that is placed upstream of a heater, but these units are more than just a SWG since they offer full automation. What you are seeing on the readout is the cell water temp, not the pool water temp! Your unit is not designed to give you the pool water temp, it's just a SWG, not an automation system.

waterbear said:
The cell is supposed to be downstream of the heater and the cell needs to measure the actual temp of the water in the cell since the temp will have an effect on the chemical reaction taking place in the cell. It is not meant to give you a reading of the water temp in the pool.

Ooooh, no wonder the temp of the SWG never matched the pool :) We just got our new heater installed today, but when we didn't have a heater, the temp of the SWG was always 3 degrees above what the pool thermometer said. Very interesting! I always thought the SWG was supposed to be the temp of the pool.

Thank you so much for clearing that up, Waterbear. One less thing I need to be concerned with. Thanks BamaRambler for your reply too, I appreciate it.

The cell is located pretty close to the heater, and when I turned the heater on this morning, the temp on the SWG panel was reading between 82 and 85. Is that okay that the temp is so high, or is that just normal? I just don't want it to make the cell go haywire or anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.