Got my new Intex Model 633 2500 GPH pump

Jul 6, 2009
Tucson AZ
Thanks again to everyone who helped me out on this one. :) The pump arrived Monday afternoon and was pretty easy to install. It came with 2 new heavy-duty hoses and I only had to change the one on the suction side since the old one was collapsing under the extra pressure. I was able to leave the old regular-duty hose on the outlet side.

Pluses:

-I got it online for $110 with shipping which is much less than any non-Intex AG pump/filter combo on the market.
-It's noticeably stronger than the Model 635 1500 GPH and improves circulation.
-The vacuum works now so it's actually possible to get the sand and dirt from our beautiful desert landscaping out of the pool.
-It has a 2nd air release valve.
-It has a larger filter that actually gets clean when you hose it off.
-It's much quieter than the 635 which is especially nice after dark.

Less than favorable impressions:

-Construction quality looks the same as the 635.
-Wouldn't run until all air was released, which was extremely difficult to accomplish.
-Runs very hot.

I'm going to try running it on a timer twice a day for 4 hours each time. I'll also keep it shaded. This should save energy, keep the motor cooler and hopefully extend its life.

So overall I'm cautiously optimistic but only time will tell. Hopefully this pump will last longer than a couple more months since the only thing worse than the model 635 pump is Intex's reputation for warranty service.

I've noticed my new 633 seems to lose pressure after several hours of running. I had set it for 12-hr time because the pool was green after my 637 pump broke and I had to wait a week for the new one to arrive. However, I've noticed that after just several hours of running, it doesn't have the same power that it does when I first turn it on. Are these pumps not meant to run for such extended periods of time? Thanks for any insights.

Rich

FoolishCop said:
I've noticed my new 633 seems to lose pressure after several hours of running. I had set it for 12-hr time because the pool was green after my 637 pump broke and I had to wait a week for the new one to arrive. However, I've noticed that after just several hours of running, it doesn't have the same power that it does when I first turn it on. Are these pumps not meant to run for such extended periods of time? Thanks for any insights.

Rich
Hi,
If you are trying to clean up a green pool, then your filter cartridge is getting clogged with algae debris and will need to be hosed off more frequently until the pool is clear.

zea3,

Thanks! That does seem to be the case, although I recall with the small A filters I used to use they seemed to be able to get much dirtier without affecting performance. When I first checked it, it was definitely green though it didn't seem so bad, but I hosed it off, put it back in the chamber, and it worked just as well as when I first turned it on. I'll have to stay on top of this.

Now to get some extra filters. As the season draws to a close, they're hard to find in Wal-Mart or Target. Maybe I'll hit up the eBay seller I bought the pump from.

Thanks again!

Rich

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.