Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New test am I doing?

1. Back To Top    #1

New test am I doing?

Jsut purchased a Taylor 2005 kit. Have an outdoor pool in south florida with a SWG. These are my numbers:

CYA 40
    Aqua-rite salt reading 3000
    FC 5
    TA 100
    pH 7.8-7.9
    CH 350

I added 2 lbs of stabilizer and about 8 oz. of muriatic acid.
    Any other changes or am I doing o.k.?
    10,000 gallons
    Aqua-rite SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New test am I doing?

Welcome to the forum!

Since I don't see your pool info in your signature, what was your goal with those additons?
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Lakeland, FL

Re: New test am I doing?

you went a tad low on the cya, that probably won't even get you to 70ppm, and 70-80 is your goal (if you're following the advice on this site).

the 8oz of acid is also low. I would have went with 20oz or so to hit about 7.4.

is there a reason you got the k-2005? a fas-dpd chlorine test would be nice. you're kind of on the edge depending on what cya level you end up going with, but you'll probably be fine.

you're doing well. better too little than too much in most cases, and as you learn your pool you'll find what amounts of chemicals work best for you.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.